Sunday 4 July 2010

closet therapy

I used to have a closet full of clothes I could or would not wear: clothes too big, too old, in need of repair; but mostly too small, that I bought knowing they were one or two or three (?!?) sizes too small without even trying them on, just because I really liked them, for "when I have lost x kilos".
How CRAZY is that? throwing away money for clothes you end up never wearing? And anyway, if I did lose the weight, by then the fashion had changed and I was lusting after new stuff. The world is full of shops and clothes you can buy anytime, you really don't need to make provisions!

So I would dress horribly, wearing the same clothes day after day, feeling miserable, waiting for the shiny future when I would be thin and attractive in the wonderful clothes that would not fit me yet.

One day I decided to throw/donate everything away (selling the stuff is even better, you get to shop with the money earned), and keep only what fit me and was in a really good condition: I was left with practically nothing, so had  to buy new clothes in my size.

Now when I open my closet, I can wear  anything that hangs in there, everything fits me, my only problem when dressing is choice, and how to coordinate items ; it's the most liberating feeling in the world! True closet happiness!

Just get rid of any clothes that don't fit you, life is now, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment